Wednesday, January 18, 2012

New Girl

It it's been about a year and a half since my divorce. I know the big bad D word! It was one of those things that had to happen, as much as I wish it could have been different. But a little history I guess, I was in a relationship for about 7 years in those years I ballooned up to about 265pds. I only tell you this now, because I am no longer at that weight. After everything was final I felt I needed a change, and like most women I felt weight was what I could control the best, not that I had done a good job until then. In the past I had tried everything: Jenny Craig, Atkins Diet, South Beach diet, diet pills. Weight watchers. I'm sure I am missing one or two. I finally decided to try Medifast... and it worked. I dropped about 70 pounds in about 4 months I believe! Crazy huh? But amazing! The only side effect was I lost so fast my body freaked out and my hair started falling out. Which let me tell you I had a FREAK OUT!! I got if figured out and now my hair is just fine. But it made me lose focus on the diet plan, I was worried to go full force into it again. So I slacked off and gained a bit back, I am no where near what I was, but still at the point where I think, am I ever going to be as skinny as I want? Am I always going to be doing this yo yo dieting, which is SO unhealthy?? Its totally frustrating! I kinda was doing weight watchers again... which does work, just not as fast as I would like. Typical Tantine, always wanting instant results. Losing the original 70 was a huge esteem builder, I came alive again, I found me again. Ask my family, they were afraid they had lost me there for a minute. You are probably asking why is she sharing all of this? Well I have been at the bottom, I have been huge and depressed and unhappy, if sharing my experiences with just one person and it helps... why not? SO... here I am again deciding what I want to do with me, how to be healthy, how to get into amazing shape... My sister Julie (Well sister in law, but who counts) is gone to a eating style that one would consider flexatarian, maybe her word, I dunno. But she eats mostly raw, while still finding balance because like me she still wants to eat meat and junk now and again. I have been reading up on this raw style, and it intrigues me quite a bit. Hence I have decided that I am going to slowly transition into trying this way of eating. Tomorrow will be my official first green smoothie. I haven't figured out all of the kinks yet... obviously. Nor know exactly what to expect, basically I am going to take it one day at a time, keep you up to date with me, and see how it goes, I will be posting lots of pictures, some before and after of course after. And many recipes hopefully not so many that fail.

Until Tomorrow...

3 comments:

  1. Oh yay!! So glad you are blogging!! So proud of you. You look amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so excited for this! it will be great to have another RAW buddy, and my sis at that!! Love you tons Tanners!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am way excited too!! Just unpacked the ninja, think it will be perfect!!

      Delete